Medical receptionist & CPAP therapist
Mon – Thu 9am to 5pm, Fri 9am to 2pm.
At Bendigo Sleep Lab we want people to “Awaken their best” by offering solutions to help people get the best night’s sleep possible.
Our team is small, and our industry is forever evolving, so we’re not a fan of “not my role” type of behaviour – we’re a team, we help each other, and our clients are at the heart of what we do.
General purpose of position:
- To provide high quality reception and secretarial services to the patients, doctors and staff at Bendigo Sleep Lab in a caring and supportive manner.
- To maintain confidentiality of all information
- To work closely with the Director of Bendigo Sleep Lab, providing administrative support and provide administrative management of specific organisational tasks.
- Providing initial instruction, ongoing professional support to clients
- Liaising with Medical practitioners to feed back progress reports on their patients and ultimately facilitating their most appropriate treatment for their sleep disorder
- Preparation of portable sleep study monitoring equipment
- Calibration of equipment used in performing sleep studies, including routine maintenance and cleaning of equipment and accessories.
Role and responsibilities:
- Data acquisition with a strong attention to detail
- Maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Organising and maintaining calendars/database, including making appointments
- Initiation of patients of CPAP hire equipment
- Provide support and follow-up for clients
- Perform CPAP mask fittings & patient education sessions
- Maintain good clinical records and provide Medical Practitioners with reports
- Provide expertise for retail purchase of CPAP Therapy products
- Provide advice and retail sales of other sleep related therapies and products
- Answering telephone enquiries and making customer appointments
- Accurate cash handling and invoicing for retail sales
- Liaising with CPAP manufactures and suppliers
- Enjoying the atmosphere of a team dedicated to providing excellent service
- This position is ideal for Sleep/CPAP technicians
- A keenness to learn new skills
- Sales and customer service experience
- Skills in MS Office applications, including word processing, excel and Outlook, as well as advanced skills in using internet applications and calendar management/reminder systems.
- Demonstrated ability to show initiative and be proactive, and highly developed skills in organising and providing effective administrative support at executive management level
- Demonstrated ability to work without supervision, in managing a range of tasks and organisational requirements within strict deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) and demonstrated ability to liaise with a wide range of people.
- Flexibility in task performance.
- Accurate typing speed of 60 wpm minimum.
- A current Victorian driver’s license
- Proof of immunisations to infectious diseases
- A current First Aid Certificate & police check
- An enthusiastic attitude
- Clinical experience e.g. science degree, nursing or other related field
- Knowledge and practical experience in the areas of ventilation and/or sleep
To really get us excited, you will be driven to learn new skills and keen to secure a role which offers exposure to an exciting industry that can offer an exciting new career.
OK, so what next?
Joining Bendigo Sleep Lab is more than saying “yes” to making the world a healthier place. It’s discovering a career that’s challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. Our hope is that each day you’ll uncover a new reason to love what you do. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and CV.